The days of “Here comes the bride” are long over. When thousands of songs to choose from, brides are now getting creative with the song that accompanies them as they walk down the aisle.
Remember the days when it was mainly “Amazed” by Lonestar, “From This Moment” by Shania Twain or “Angels” by Robbie Williams
Whether you want an original song that packs a punch, a tune that is meaningful to you and your partner or simply just want to switch things up, we got you covered. Here are a few alternatives to the bridal waltz that will leave a lasting impression on your bride or groom, and command the attention of the entire venue.
- Songbird – Fleetwood Mac – A beautiful song that perfectly encapsulates all of the feelings you might be having on your Big Day.
- Here Comes the Sun – The Beatles – A very easy-going and light-hearted song, yet is still sure to get the tears flowing.
- Canon in D Major – J.S Bach Orchestra – This is an arrangement that you can never go wrong with. It’s especially beautiful for a winter wedding, with a white backdrop.
- Make you Feel My Love – Adele – Adele is an excellent go-to for anything romantic.
- Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls
- Tale as Old as Time – Beauty and The Beast – For the Disney lovers. An instrumental take on this classic ballad is perfect for gliding down the aisle like a princess.
- All of Me – John Legend – Possibly the most heartfelt love song of all time, Legend packs this tune with all the powerful lyrics you need to make a great impression.
- Amazing Day – Coldplay – Because this is the event that sets the tone for your unforgettable, amazing Big Day.
- No One – Alicia Keys – No One can brighten your day quite like this soulful ballad from Alicia Keys.
- Halo – Beyonce – There is a Beyonce lover around every corner, and this is an excellent way to incorporate your favourite pop-star into your wedding.
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz – Set the tone for a long and healthy marriage by letting your partner know you are all theirs.
- Come Away With Me – Norah Jones – Norah Jones’ soothing voice combined with her powerful lyrics are sure to get the waterworks flowing.
- La Vie En Rose – Edith Piaf – This is the perfect choice for those going for a more classic, old-style wedding theme.
- The Luckiest – Ben Folds – It’s a day to celebrate just how lucky you both are to have each other, why not kick things off with a song that reminds us all why we’re here?
- Hey There Delilah – Plain White T’s – For all those who grew up in the early 2000s, and couldn’t get enough of this classic. This is also perfect for those named Delilah, of course.
The main thing we suggest is to find
a song that means something special to you both, whether its the first song you met to, kissed to, danced to or just love.